Majors PTI Certification
The Majors Personality Type Inventory TM is a questionnaire that identifies 16 personality types, based on the Jung/Myers-Briggs personality theory. This instrument was developed in the 1990s by Mark Majors, who also helped to develop the MBTI Step II instrument and the Strong Interest Inventory. The MajorsPTI has 52 questions and can be completed on-line or on paper in a self-scoreable version.
Benefits of this instrument:
- Quicker to administer. So, you spend less time filling in forms.
- Has 92% accuracy, compared to 86% in other well-known instruments.
- Instant results – self-scoring takes 5 minutes; the on-line results appear on your computer in minutes, not hours.
In a 3-day workshop you will learn to use a tool that can be applied in many areas of training and coaching…
- Understanding self and others
- Developing effective communication
- Building better work teams
- Improving workplace behaviour and career success
- Discovering how and why people learn differently
- Understanding and managing stress
- Decision making and problem solving
We will teach you how to present workshops on personality type and how to use the questionnaire and the theory with individuals and groups.
Successful completion of our 3-day program will give you a life-long qualification to purchase, use and interpret the results of the MajorsPTI TM.
And, you can apply what you learn immediately!
Please Note: It is advisable to register 3 - 4 weeks before the programme to allow time for the required pre-study. It is essential that participants have completed the pre-study. Study materials will be sent when you register.
Who Should Attend?
This Programme is designed for professionals who work with individuals or groups, including training, organization consulting, coaching, counselling, psychotherapy, education, and management.
MajorsPTI™ Certification - Type Theory and Applications
- Psychological type theory and type dynamics.
- Carl Jung’s model of the psyche and personality types.
- The 8 Jungian functions.
- Personality Type development and the inferior function.
- A brief introduction to Temperament theory and its links to type.
- Administering, scoring the MajorsPTI
- Interpreting the results of the MajorsPTI and giving feedback to individuals and groups.
- Ethical use of MajorsPTI and Type theory.
- History and development of the MajorsPTI.
- An in-depth understanding of each of the 16 types
- An introduction to several applications of type: Communication, Stress management, Decision Making and Problem Solving.
Requirements for Qualification:
- Complete the study guide prior to the Workshop.
- Attend all workshop sessions.
- Successfully complete the exam held during the course.
- Training in a human service area or significant experience working in a human service area. Please contact ITD for more information.
Required Texts, included in the course fee:
MajorsPTI™ Professional Users Manual, Mark S Majors Ph.D. ($59.95)
You’ve Got Personality, Mary McGuiness ($13)
Functions of Type, Gary Hartzler and Margaret Hartzler ($22)
Majors PTI Certification (Step I):
Kurri Kurri NSW: February 26-28, 2019
Brisbane: March 26-28, 2019
Sydney: April 15-17, 2019
Melbourne: June 11-13, 2019
Adelaide: please enquire
Contact ITD for other dates and locations, and In-house programs.
To Register..... Contact ITD - 0417661104
International: +61 417661104
Other locations and In-House programmes:
To enquire about In-House programmes and courses in other locations, including New Zealand, contact Mary McGuiness on 0417661104 or firstname.lastname@example.org